Monday I officially began training for my first triathlon of the season. The Chattanooga Waterfront Olympic Triathlon on June 26th. It's a river swim...that'll be a first for me. I heard the bike is super hilly. I haven't heard anything about the run which leads me to believe the bike is traumatizingly hilly. One of the people that answers all of my tri questions said training at Stone Mountain will prepare me for the trauma.
It's also my first triathlon at the Olympic distance. I have decide to use a training plan from Garmin Connect. There's a level II and level III plan. I picked the level II plan when I saw the level III had training on 6 days a week.
![]() |
| Some of the days without workouts are actually swim days. |
I didn't want to get burned out before half ironman training begins. I'm going to use IronFit Secrets...when I start training for Augusta 70.3. Half ironman training actually begins before my Olympic so I'll switch to that plan on June 6th. A lot of athletes have successfully used this book to prepare for the half ironman so I'm going to do same. I initially thought I'd use the competitive plan to train, but I've decided the intermediate schedule will better fit my schedule (life).
![]() |
| Training manual |
I know you're wondering what I've been up to all winter.
Well, I've been swimming..
![]() |
| Short pool at the hotel was no excuse not to swim. I use a Aqua Sphere stationary swimmer so I'm not doing 1,000 laps. |
![]() |
| A very chilly OWS wasn't so bad with neoprene cap, wetsuit, gloves and booties. |
I've been biking...
![]() |
| ATL Winter Bike League Group C. We're the best group. |
![]() |
| Getting it in at the Energy Lab with Peachtree Tri Club. |
![]() |
| Proof I've been running. If it's not on Garmin, it didn't happen. |
I spent most of January on the injured reserved (no running) for hip pain. My orthopedist & physical therapist have ordered me to do yoga. I hate yoga, but I'm doing it. The best place ever is the top of Stone Mountain. My second favorite place is Decatur Yoga & Pilates.
![]() |
| I'm a yogi. |
I know I'm not the only person with a short attention span so I'll save what I've learned about nutrition and my sponsors for next time. So stay tuned because I'll be writing more often now that I really am tri-ing.








No comments:
Post a Comment